In Good Heart Farm (formerly Ben's Produce) offers vegetables, strawberries & flowers of the highest quality and taste in the Triangle. Our mission is to strive for healthier people, community, agriculture and planet by growing and sharing the best tasting food we can. Our farming practices may surpass organic guidelines but we choose not to be certified because we are confident the quality and taste of our produce, as well as our direct relationship with you, speak to our commitment to healthy food and holistic agriculture. 2012 will be our third year farming independently, though we have been farming with family and friends for many years.
Please understand that nature's abundance varies. What you receive is based on our harvest schedule which is subject to the weather, pests, disease and a large myriad of influences. Some weeks your CSA share may be less than the retail farmers market value we try to maintain. However, we usually provide more bounty than you could buy at market value. If you find yourself with too many items, do not despair, share the bounty with others! .
- About two grocery bags of at least 7-10 seasonal organic vegetables and herbs (more for large shares).
- A weekly newsletter with produce information, cooking and storage tips, recipes and segments about life on and off the farm.
- Exclusive access to an online recipe-sharing site.
- Convenient pick up locations and times throughout the week.
- Adds ons including, bread, cheese, coffee, tea, pork, chicken, lamb and beef.
- Access to our farm for volunteering, exploring and relaxing.
- Invitations to on-farm events, such as our second annual OktoberFEAST.
- New friends who share your interest in good food and good farming.
Raleigh Five Points CSA - Tuesday evenings from 4:30pm to 6:30pm, 1911 Bernard St., Raleigh 27608.
Please consider signing up with the Raleigh Five Points CSA Yahoo Group through the link above, to access information regarding the pickup site and opportunities to support the other farmers who attend as well as local food events and information.
The Farm, Wednesday evenings from 4pm to 7pm, 1000 McLemore Rd., Clayton 27520
Western Wake Farmers Market, Saturday morning from 8am to 12pm at the1225 Morrisville Carpenter Rd, Cary 27519.
- Fickle Creek Farm, Efland NC – Pork, Chicken, Lamb
- Smith Angus Farm, Snow Camp NC – Angus Beef
- Singing Turtle Farm, Meadow NC – Bread & Baked Goods made with their own grain
- Hillsborough Cheese Co., Hillsborough NC – Cheese
- Muddy Dog Coffee, Morrisville NC – Coffee, Tea, Grits